Event: Lacrosse - Keuka College at Hollins (Roanoke, VA)
The lead: The Hollins lacrosse team hosted Keuka College in the first of two games over the next three days. The Wolves brought their 3-0 record south to play a couple of games over break while Hollins will finish up their home stand this week before embarking on a Spring Break trip of their own.
The result: Keuka 26-4
How it happened: Hollins would score first, five minutes into the game. However, the visitors from Keuka Park, NY would answer with seven straight scores to take control of play. The home team would stop the run with another tally, but that was it as the Wolves entered halftime with a 16-2 advantage. The second frame would see Keuka double up Hollins in shots (10-5) en route to pulling away for the victory.
- Leading scorer Allie Helmbrecht added four more goals to her season total
- On defense, Carsen Helms led with three caused turnovers while Sydney Strange led the way with five ground balls
- In net, Emma Wilson once again recorded double-digit saves with 10 stops
- Vanessa Tsarevich and Madelaine Taylor combined for 10 goals
- Elizabeth Sherman accounted for 12 of the Wolves 22 draw controls
- Ally Thayer gave up one goal in earning her 4th win of the season
What's next: Hollins will play her last home game of March on Friday when Randolph College comes to town for a 4:00pm opening draw.