The event: Basketball - Roanoke College At Hollins (Roanoke, VA)
The lead: Nine months after hosting Roanoke College in the 2017-18 home finale, Hollins once again welcomed the Maroons for their final home game of 2018. Roanoke used a huge first half shooting edge to race out to a big halftime lead, earning the Old dominion Athletic Conference (ODAC) victory.
The result: Roanoke 72-39
How it happened: The game would start harmless enough as the cross-town rivals would trade the lead in the opening minutes of play. A 12-0 run would allow the Maroons to seize control of the matchup. The second quarter was marred by poor Hollins shooting, 1-12, as Roanoke pulled away. The second half would be played virtually even, with a slight edge going the way of the Maroons, 30-29, as Roanoke College exacted a bit of revenge from last season's loss by moving to 2-3 in ODAC play.
- All 11 bench points were scored by Keenan Surles
- Sally Sroge and Keyazia Taylor scored nine each with Taylor grabbing a team high six rebounds
- 18 Hollins turnovers led to 22 Roanoke College points
- Molly Hassell was perfect from the field, 5-5, including 3-3 from the three point line
- Hassell paced 11 different Maroons that scored
- Roanoke enjoyed a 45-27 edge on the glass, including 13 points from their 14 offensive rebounds
What's next: Hollins will take a few days off for exams before taking a trip to Pennsylvania late next week. The Green and Gold will travel to Central Penn on Thursday, December 13th.