Event: Volleyball - Hollins at Goucher (Towson, MD)
The lead: Hollins wrapped up their back-to-back-to-back stretch with a rescheduled visit to Goucher College. A win would give Hollins a 2-1 week and push their season win total into double-digits.
The result: Goucher 3-2 (23-25, 22-25, 25-22, 25-16, 16-14)
How it happened: Goucher raced out to a seven point advantage, then Hollins would score 13 of the final 17 points to take a 1-0 lead. The second set would once again see Hollins at an early deficit. The long road back led the set to be tied, 19-19, before Hollins would once again end the frame on a run to back the Gophers into a must win situation. The home team would respond and thanks in part to 31-18 hitting advantage, the match would be tied at 2-2 heading to a decisive fifth set. Hollins would be one point from the win, 14-13, but Goucher would rally to win the last three points of the evening and take the hard fought, five set, victory.
- Kenna Esquibel posted a final line of 11 kills, 18 digs, and a pair of assisted blocks
- Hannah Piatak registered a match high 26 digs
- 20 more kills moves Deja Hadden into a tie for 3rd in the Old Dominion Athletic Conference (ODAC) with 207 kills
- Hollins finishes their non-conference schedule with an 8-5 record
- A trio of Goucher attackers combined for 52 of the team's 67 kills
- Tes DeJaeger handed out 56 assists
- Hollins was once again out-hit, 67-42
What's next: The Green and Gold will play three consecutive ODAC road matches next week, starting with a trip to Emory & Henry on Tuesday night.