Event: Volleyball - Lynchburg at Hollins (Roanoke, VA)
The lead: The Hollins volleyball team looked to make it two Old Dominion Athletic Conference (ODAC) wins in a row when they played host to Lynchburg on Wednesday night. After knocking off Randolph in the Hill City, Hollins looked for the double against the Hornets.
The result: Lynchburg 3-1 (18-25, 25-15, 25-16, 25-12)
How it happened: Hollins broke open a close set with a 5-1 run to take a lead that they would never surrender in winning the first set, 25-18. The momentum would be short lived as the Hornets came out in the second frame and established a dominance at the net that they would carry forward throughout the next three sets. After seeing Hollins kill 11 attacks in the opener, the Hornets would hold the Green and Gold to just 16 kills over the final three stanzas. Lynchburg recorded 60 kills for the night and rallied to take the match, 3-1.
- After a season high 19 kills against the WildCats, senior Deja Hadden registered a match high 17 kills
- Only four Hollins players recorded kills
- Hollins only committed 19 errors on their 127 attacks
- Casey Mahan assisted on 24 of Hollins 27 net points
- Despite hitting a negative percentage in the opener, the Hornets finished the night hitting at a .200 clip
- Lindsey Lang, Sydney Frink, and Emma Drake recorded 41 of the 60 kills
- Erin Farina and Katie Cornelius combined for 50 assists
What's next: Hollins will continue their three match, in three day swing with a trip to Mary Baldwin tomorrow night.