Event: Volleyball - Mid-Atlantic Christian at Hollins (Roanoke, VA)
The lead: Two nights before opening up Old Dominion Athletic conference (ODAC) play, Hollins hosted Mid-Atlantic Christian University. Hollins earned a split in the tri-match over the weekend and the match with the Mustangs was the first of four for the Green and Gold this week.
The result: Hollins 3-0 (25-9, 25-10, 25-11)
How it happened: With the score tied, 4-4, Hollins would score 21 of the final 26 points of the first set. The home team would not let the visiting Mustangs get into the match and used an 11-4 kill advantage in the second frame to cruise to a 2-0 advantage. Hollins would drop the first point of the third set, but quickly took control of the final, building a 23-9 advantage and closing out the match with a 25-11 win.
- Deja Hadden recorded 15 kills on just 28 attempts
- First-year Ashlie Crawford served Hollins to four straight points to close out the 2nd set
- Hollins would serve up 14 aces led by Kiki Speights (5) and Casey Mahan (3)
- The Hollins defense recorded five blocks
Mid-Atlantic Christian notes:
- The Mustangs would register 20 errors and 14 kills on 68 total attacks
- Mallary Brogden led with five kills with Braelle White adding four
- Emely Rios and Reilly Muse combined for 13 assists
What's next: Hollins will host ODAC rival Bridgewater on Thursday night at 7:00pm.