Event: Volleyball - Hollins at Pfeiffer (Misenheimer, NC)
The lead: The the first time in 10 days, the Hollins volleyball team returned to the court looking to improve on their 5-2 start. Having had three matches last week postponed due to Hurricane Florence, Hollins traveled to Pfeiffer for a mid-week matchup.
The result: Pfeiffer 3-0 (25-15, 25-14, 25-20)
How it happened: Hollins struggled out of the gate and fell down by five points in the early stages. A late 5-0 run allowed the Falcons to cruise to a set one win. Hollins was once again out-hit in the second set, 11-7, and despite playing a more competitive third set, Hollins would fall to Pfeiffer in straight sets.
- Deja Hadden led with seven kills and Kiki Speights added five
- Hannah Arthur had six kills on 12 attacks while adding one solo and three assisted blocks
- Setter Casey Mahan had 10 assists with Hannah Piatak leading with eight digs
- Hollins has lost nine straight sets after opening the season 5-0, dropping just a single set
- Alonna Clouse recorded 10 kills, five service aces, and seven digs
- A trio of Falcons had seven kills apiece as Pfeiffer enjoyed a 38-25 hitting advantage
- Angelina Fardella handed out 23 assists while Lili Jaramillo had a match high 11 digs
What's next: Hollins will start a four match home stand by hosting Regent and Ferrum on Saturday for a tri-match. Hollins/Regent 11:00am, Regent/Ferrum 1:00pm, and Hollins/Ferrum 3:00pm.