Event: Swimming - Hollins vs. Randolph-Macon and Barton (Hampden-Sydney, VA)
The lead: The Hollins swim team took on Randolph-Macon and Barton in a tri-meet hosted by Old Dominion Athletic Conference (ODAC) member, Hampden-Sydney College.
The result: Randolph-Macon 163 - Hollins 30 and Barton 163 - Hollins 35
How it happened: The tri-meet proved to be a great opportunity for Hollins to compete against top notch competition when they faced off with the Yellow Jackets, one of the ODAC's elite programs, and NCAA DII Barton College. Hollins would win one of the nine individual events while securing a quartet of sixth place finishes. In the relay events, Hollins earned a top five effort in the final swim of the night.
- Sophomore Hanna DeVarona earned Hollins lone win of the meet when she finished ahead of the field in the 100 Breaststroke. Her time of 1:18.31 was a second and a half better than her nearest competitor
- The relay team of DeVarona, Maya Schattgen, Emily Miehlke, and Molly Sullivan secured fifth place points in the 200 Freestyle Relay
- Hollins recorded four, 6th place individual efforts.
- Schattgen in the 50 Freestyle and the 100 Butterfly
- Miehlke in the 200 Freestyle
- DeVarona secured points in the 100 Freestyle
What's next: Hollins will compete in their lone dual-meet of the season when they travel to Emory & Henry next Saturday, November 17th.