Event: Soccer - Hollins at Trinity (Washington, DC)
The lead: The Hollins soccer team started a two game road swing in Washington DC on Saturday afternoon. The Green and Gold made a stop at Trinity to take on the Tigers looking to pick up their first win of the season.
The result: Hollins 2-0
How it happened: Hollins would use an early goal, just over six minutes in, to take control of the matchup. After a second score heading into halftime, Hollins would enjoy a 2-0 advantage with 45 minutes left to play. The second half would see a more defensive mind set, holding Trinity to just a pair of shots in the final 45 minutes to earn the shut-out win.
- Paige Russell netted her first goal of the season and the first of her collegiate career
- Goal keeper Kendra Rich recorded three saves in picking up the shut-out
- Mallory Jengo took over the team lead in goals scored and total points
- Hollins enjoyed an 18-4 advantage in shots
- Emily Andino registered 11 saves
- Anna Guevara and Jessica Alonso accounted for all of the Tigers shots
- Leif Jackson was given a yellow card early in the second half
What's next: Hollins will stay in D.C. and take on Gallaudet on Sunday afternoon. With a win over the Bison, Hollins could even their early season record at 2-2.