Event: Soccer - Wilson College at Hollins (Roanoke, VA)
The lead: The Hollins soccer teamed played their second consecutive home game on Tuesday afternoon. Hollins welcomed Wilson College to Berkley Field with both teams looking to pick up their first win of 2018.
The result: Wilson College 2 - Hollins 1 (OT)
How it happened: On a blistering September afternoon, the heat and fatigue would play a big part in the outcome. Despite being out-shot 11-4 in the first half, Hollins would net the game's first score 20 minutes into the first half. The home team would go on the defensive but a corner kick with 15 minutes to go before the break would lead to a game tying goal. With 10 minutes left in the second frame, Hollins would have a chance to win in regulating but couldn't beat the Wilson keeper of four consecutive tries. 2:07 into the first overtime, Wilson would send a pass through the defense and a shot to the low right corner would find the back of the net just inches inside the post.
- Mallory Jengo scored her first goal of the season at the 19:28 mark to give Hollins the lead
- Keeper Kendra Rich, 12 saves, recorded her second consecutive double-digit save effort
- Ciera Morris and Madisen Charles are tied for the team lead with four shots on goal apiece
- Wilson won their first game of the season after back-to-back loses to open the campaign
- Brianna Martin scored the equalizer in the first half
- Caitlin Hunsecker scored the game winner on a pass from Nora Hardman
- Aubrey Runkle made three saves en route to her first win
What's next: Hollins goes on a two game, weekend, road trip in Washington D.C. Hollins will face Trinity (DC) on Saturday at 1:00pm and Gallaudet on Sunday afternoon.